Music Works for Students
MusicianCorps trains and places skilled musicians to provide ongoing music instruction and mentorship to low-income K-12 students in schools and afterschool programs. MusicianCorps emphasizes hands-on music instruction combined with academic support and leadership development to help keep students in school and on track.
- 7 out of 10 high school students say they “want to come to school more because of MusicianCorps”
- 94% of site partners agree that the youth who participated in MusicianCorps "become more creative"
- 80% of site partners say that youth were “better able to express themselves” after MusicianCorps
- 74% of youth agreed "I work with better with other people because of MusicianCorps"
- 94% of site partners report that “MusicianCorps is a high-quality program” and describe it as a “service that isn’t available elsewhere"
- Testimonials for our work with students >>